The new standalone model is targeted at the sub-compact Sports Utility Vehicle category and develops the concept of "urban adventure" to emphasise fun and excitement, with sleek styling and lively design.
- New generation Subaru design including hawk-eye headlights, 17-inch alloy wheels with pattern unique to the model, and classic hexagonal grille
- Advanced easy-to-operate Multi-Function Displays - information and entertainment systems offer great driver interaction and encourage economical driving, with extensive efficiency updates available
- Excellent fuel efficiency and low emissions from the new generation 2.0 litre horizontally-opposed Boxer engine - light, smooth and compact, with great torque from low speed
- New super-efficient and smooth transmissions - choice of Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with paddle shift and frugal six-speed manual
- Spacious, convenient cabin with excellent ride comfort and quality - attention to detail in soft finishes, switch gear, seating and instruments
Full Subaru safety suite:
- Seven SRS airbags, including driver's knee airbag
- Fantastic field of vision - A-pillars and wing mirrors specifically positioned to minimize blind spots
- Significant engineering advances in structural strength - latest application of Subaru's Dynamic Chassis Control Concept
- High tensile steel plate means reduced weight - body one of lightest in class, but strength and bending stiffness optimized for crashworthiness
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: "XV offers a clear indication of Subaru's design direction from now on.
"There's lots of great new Subaru technology in this sub compact SUV, making it a real fun machine.
"It delivers the driving feel and handling that only the latest Subaru symmetrical All-Wheel Drive platform can, as well as the latest Boxer engine, offering significant fuel efficiency and emission improvements.
"XV also has the newest manual and auto transmission technology, and there's a new approach to cabin finishes, with incredible attention to detail on soft-touch surfaces, switch gear and instruments.
"Combine that with our customers' favourite Subaru qualities of All-Wheel Drive, durability, safety and retained value, and XV represents a formidable package.
"We'll look forward to bringing more XV news to Australia very soon."
FHI designers have produced an attractive, aerodynamic and sporty exterior while inside, the extended wheelbase - in combination with A-pillars positioned further forward - produces a significant sense of space.
There's great room for rear-seat occupants, who also benefit from large open foot areas beneath the front seats.
Shoulder and legroom are also maximized by compact internal door structure design.
Seats are designed to mold themselves securely to the occupant's body and feature supportive flat-mat springs. Low resilience urethane cushioning also helps absorb driving vibrations.
Child seat anchor points are built into the rear seat backs, with zero intrusion into the cargo area.
Large door openings make for easy entry and exit.
All XVs feature Multi-Function Displays, with range-topping versions adding a larger screen and comprehensive information suite.
MFDs across the range include a fuel efficiency indicator to aid economic driving.
* PLEASE NOTE: All information is based on FHI European specifications
Type - Horizontally opposed, naturally aspirated
Cylinders - Four
Displacement - 1995 cc
Bore x stroke - 90 x 84
Compression ratio - 10.5
Cam-train system - DOHC 16 valve
Fuel system - Multi Point Sequential Injection
Maximum power - 110 kW/6200 rpm
Maximum torque - 196 Nm/4200 rpm
Transmission (NA six-speed manual)
First - 3.545
Second - 1.888
Third - 1.296
Fourth - 0.972
Fifth - 0.780
Sixth - 0.695
Reverse - 3.636
Final reduction - 4.444
Exterior dimensions and weight
Overall length mm - 4450
Overall width mm - 1780
Overall height mm - 1570
Wheelbase mm - 2635
Tread - front mm - 1525
Tread - rear mm - 1525
Min. ground clearance mm - 220
Kerb weight kg:
XV 2.0i manual - 1370
XV 2.0i Lineartronic CVT - 1400
Fuel consumption (L/100km) combined:
XV 2.0i manual - 6.9
XV 2.0i Lineartronic CVT - 6.6
XV 2.0i manual - 160
XV 2.0i Lineartronic CVT - 153
Fuel tank capacity - 60 litres
Steering, brakes, tyres and towing
Steering - Pinion assist type electric power
Turning circle (metres) - 5.3
Front - MacPherson strut-type
Rear - Double wishbone-type
Front - Ventilated discs
Rear - Discs
Tyres - 225/55 R17 x 7 J
Rim - 17-inch alloy
Towing capacity (kg)
- 1600 (manual)
- 1200 (auto)