When you combine two well-known slogans – ‘Built Ford Tough’ and ‘Tonka Tough’ – the machine you see here is the result!
The 2016 Ford F-150 Tuscany Tonka Edition pickup is the result of a collaboration between Ford, Tuscany Motor Co. and Tonka’s parent company, Hasbro.
Tonka has been the world’s best-selling toy truck since 1947 and Ford’s F-Series trucks have been America’s favourite for almost as long, so combining the two makes sense.
Making that combination a reality is Tuscany Motor Co., an Indiana-based vehicle convertor and specialty truck builder that’s been around since 1988. Their mantra to “design fun, expressive vehicles that make people happy” could be just as applicable to Tonka, so it’s a pretty good fit all round, really.
More importantly, vehicles modified by Tuscany are well regarded for their quality; so much so that Ford has awarded the company their ‘Quality Excellence Award’ numerous times and also recognise the company under their ‘Quality Vehicle Modifier’ program.
In addition to the Tonka, Tuscany also produce the modified ‘FTX’ and ‘Black Ops’ pickups on the F-Series platform and, more recently, collaborated with Shelby American on the Shelby F-150 project, which is offered as a naturally-aspirated 294kW V8 or a supercharged version with a whopping 522kW.
Tuscany’s first F-150 Tonka Edition appeared in 2013, limited to 200 units. That debut model, based on a pumped-up F-150 Lariat crew cab and powered by a standard Ford 5.0-litre V8, sold out in a couple of weeks. Since then, the Tonka has been a regular, but limited edition model (usually only a hundred or so units offered annually) in Tuscany’s lineup.
That first F-150 Tonka Edition set the template for those that followed, with a 6-inch suspension lift, custom wheels and tyres, custom bonnet and bumpers, wheelarch extensions and extensive additional body cladding, Tonka badging and, of course, that impossible-to-miss ‘Screaming Yellow’ paint.
The 2016 version of the Ford F-150 Tuscany Tonka Edition continues the theme, but this most recent version replaces the bright metal trim of the earlier versions with blacked-out detailing. Visually, it’s a better fit and adds to the impact of the vehicle.
Here’s a rundown on what’s fitted to this Ford F-150 Tuscany Tonka Edition.
STANDARD EXTERIOR FEATURES
- Tonka Black 20-inch Tuscany “OFF ROAD” wheels
· BFGoodrich All-Terrain 325/60R20 tyres
· 6-inch suspension lift by Tuscany
· Heavy Duty Tuscany Performance Tuned shocks with black boots
· Speedometer recalibration
· Front end alignment
· Tyre pressure sensor recalibration
· Black powder coated 5-inch oval nerf bars (Ford factory style)
· Tonka logos on side step pads
· Quiet Tone Performance dual exhaust with black powder coated tips
· Painted custom wheelarch flares
· Painted functional front guard vents with Tonka logo
· Painted custom cladding with Tonka badging
· Painted custom front bumper with integrated LED bar and Tonka fascia (LED lights for Off Road use only)
· Painted custom Tonka tailgate cladding with embossed Tonka logo
· Painted custom rear bumper cladding
· Painted tonneau cover with carpet liner
· Painted replacement 3-Bar grille
· Dual-intake Ram Air Tonka bonnet
· Black billet grille insert
· Black billet bumper insert
· Black tow hooks
· Black door handle covers
· Painted mirror caps
- Tonka exterior badging
STANDARD INTERIOR FEATURES
- Factory black leather seats w/Tonka embroidery in headrests
· Deep tinted windows
· Tonka logo carpeted floor mats
- 3 Year/36,000 Mile warranty (US)
- BFGoodrich KM2 Mud Terrain tyres
- Bed Rug bed liner
Make It Yours
The unit presented here is available from Harrisons F-Trucks in Melbourne.
One of the very few, and possibly the only, F-150 Tonka Edition in Australia, this example is currently LHD, but can be professionally converted to right hand drive by Harrison to meet all ADR and Motor Vehicle Standards regulations.
The asking price is $249,990 – see the breakout for contact details.
Part of a family-owned business that has spanned Australia’s automotive landscape for over 30 years, Harrison F-Trucks are Australia’s largest supplier of new and pre-owned F-SERIES and SUPER DUTY pickups and the only Victorian-based superstore servicing the whole country.
Harrison F-Truck customers demand a truck with toughness, capability and reliability. They also want to talk with people who are prepared to listen to their needs and offer unbiased, expert advice on what vehicle’s best for them.
Harrison F-Series and Super Duty pickups are converted to right hand drive in Victoria under full volume Australian compliance regulations and adhere to the Full Volume Australian Design Rules and Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations 1989, audited by the Department of Infrastructure and Transport.
Ph: (03) 8746 0352
Email: [email protected]