Producing up to 130% more light and extending up to 45 meters beyond standard fitment OEM globes, the new Philips X-tremeVision +130% globe outshines all others. It also provides an additional 2-seconds driver reaction time to avoid obstacles and potential dangers, (at 80kph) - all on low beam.
Actual Light Performance
Globe manufacturers promote a variance of light performance figures above and beyond the car manufacturers' "standard fitment" globes. The variables are many and can be unclear to anyone outside the automotive lighting industry. Thankfully, independent automotive journalists formulated three light intensity measurements coined 'Figure of Merit' (FOM) to determine the consistent quantity of light on the road; where it's most needed for safe illumination for vehicles travelling in both directions.*
Under this form of measurement, Philips X-tremeVision +130% comes out on top of all other competitors, with the most light in the category (+130%), outshining its competition. This cements the position of Philips X-tremeVision +130% as the brightest halogen headlight globe on the Australian market. So when you choose Philips X-tremeVision +130%, you can drive with confidence that Philips will light the road ahead for you.
Long Life Performance
Performance usually comes at the cost of product life span, but not with Philips globes. With Philips X-tremeVision +130%, H4 globes have a massive life span of up to 450 hours, which vastly exceeds all other competitors' operating life, offering best in class lifetime. It's clear Philips X-tremeVision outshines and outlasts all competitors in performance Halogen globes.
* It's most important to note self-imported, no-name globes regularly fail safety standards, blinding on-coming traffic even on low beam. Being an annoyance to other drivers and/or causing an accident with non-compliant globes often leads to prosecution and void insurance policies. Ensure your globes are ECE compliant.
How Philips outshines and outlasts
Only Philips manufacture all their globes with Quartz glass - providing the following unique benefits.
1. Quartz glass is clearer, allowing more light to pass through
2. Quartz glass enables a higher gas pressure - enabling a brighter light
3. Quartz glass is more resistant to vibrations - reducing chance of cracking, therefore, extending product life span
4. Quartz glass doesn't explode, as other glasses do, when in contact with water droplets (caused by condensation or damaged lenses) - extending product life span
5. UV-Quartz prevents discolouration to the light assembly lens - maintaining maximum light output
X-tremeVision Plusis available in types H1, H4 and H7.
X-tremeVision Plus, just like all Phillips lamps, bears the new Original Equipment Quality seal. It certifies that Philips is the choice of all major car manufacturers, guaranteeing:
- High quality products for more safety on the road
- Philips state-of-the-art technology
- ECE Certification and homologation
- Sustainability: lead and mercury-free products
Philips has been a leader in the automotive lighting industry since 1914. Today, Philips light bulbs are fitted to 1 out of every 3 cars in the world which is testament to the renowned quality and durability of Philips products. Tested and approved, now, and for more than one-hundred years!
You can find more information about the newest generation of Philips halogen lamps as well as further products in our extensive range at www.philips.com/automotive